Jackson – Main St.
P: (731) 426.8114
F: (731) 426.8150
University of Tennessee, J.D., 1983 honors
Union University, 1978 cum laude
U.S. District Courts
Tennessee: Middle and Western
U.S. Court of Appeals
Tennessee Bar Association
Jackson-Madison County Bar Association
Defense Research Institute
International Municipal Lawyers Association
Tennessee Bar Foundation
The Howell Edmunds Jackson American Inn of Court
Honors and Distinctions
Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator
Best Lawyers in America® in the specialty of Workers’ Compensation Law, Employment Law – Management, and Litigation – Labor and Employment.
Outstanding History Alumnus Award, Union University (2011)
Mr. Burleson is a member of Rainey, Kizer, Reviere & Bell, P.L.C., and has been associated with the Firm since receiving his Doctor of Jurisprudence, with honors, in 1983 from the University of Tennessee College of Law.
Mr. Burleson handles matters in the areas of employment law litigation (representing employers only), municipal law, federal civil rights litigation, workers’ compensation, commercial litigation, and general tort litigation. Mr. Burleson conducts internal investigations for employers and advises employers in the areas of compliance with Title VII, ADEA, ADA, the Tennessee Human Rights Act, and other state and federal laws related to employment. Mr. Burleson is also distinguished as a Rule 31 Listed General Civil Mediator.
Mr. Burleson has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® in the specialty of Workers’ Compensation Law and Employment Law. He is also a graduate of the National Institute for Trial Advocacy’s trial advocacy skills program.
Former Chairman of Board, University School of Jackson
Deacon & Sunday School teacher, Englewood Baptist Church
Recent Publications and Speaking Engagements
West TN Business Medical Advisory Council Conference speaker, October 2012
“Workers’ Compensation Legislative Updates”
May 2012 – Employment Law Conference sponsored by RKRB & West Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management; Topic: Performance Management
October 2011 – West Tennessee Medical Advisory Council; Topic: Workers Compensation Legislation Update
November 2011 – Employment Law Conference sponsored by RKRB & West Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management; Topic: Legal Guide to Hiring
- Cooper v. Jackson-Madison County General Hosp. Dist., 742 F.Supp.2d 941 (W.D.Tenn. September 28, 2010)
- Lakeland Commons, L.P. v. Town Of Lakeland, 2010 WL 2075363 (Tenn.Ct.App. May 25, 2010)
- Hullom v. City of Jackson, Tenn., 2010 WL 1068232 (W.D.Tenn. March 24, 2010)
- Hullom v. City of Jackson, Tennessee, 620 F.Supp.2d 895 (W.D. Tenn. 2009)
- Hayes v. City of Lexington, 334 S.W.3d 207 (Tenn.Ct.App. November 12, 2009)
- Lynn v. City Jackson, Tennessee, 63 S.W.3d 332 (Tenn. 2001)
- Tally v. Virginia Insurance Reciprocal, 775 S.W.2d 587 (Tenn. 1989).
- Cloninger v. City Of Dyersburg, 2004 WL 1933399 (Tenn. Workers Comp. Panel August 31, 2004)
- Cunningham v. Reid, 337 F.Supp.2d 1064 (W.D.Tenn. July 13, 2004)
- Jones v. City of Jackson, 335 F.Supp.2d 865 (W.D.Tenn. December 05, 2003)
- Pinnix v. Pollock, 338 F.Supp.2d 885 (W.D.Tenn. April 05, 2004)